Serves 4 - 6
6 cobs corn
2 tablespoons olive oil
3 spring onions, finely chopped
2 cloves garlic, finely chopped
500mls chicken stock
2 teaspoons finely chopped thyme leaves
8 skin-on, bone-in chicken thighs
50g freshly grated parmesan
2 firm chorizo, finely diced
1) Remove the husks and silks from the corn and cook in boiling water until tender. Char the corn in a pan or on a hot plate until slightly blackened then cut from the cob when cool enough to handle. Set aside.
2) Heat 1 tablespoon of oil in a pan, add the white parts of the spring onion and the garlic and cook gently until soft.
3) Add ¾ of the corn to the pan along with the chicken stock. Simmer gently for 15 minutes.
4) Put into a blender and puree until smooth, adding extra stock or water if required. Set aside until ready to use.
5) Preheat the oven 200°C (390 °F) and put a rack on top of a roasting tray.
6) Pat dry the chicken with paper towels. Put the chicken pieces on the rack, spacing out well. Lightly spray with oil, sprinkle over the thyme and season generously with salt and pepper. Bake for 25-30 minutes or until golden.
7) While the chicken cooks, add the remaining oil to a frying pan and add the chorizo. Cook until crisp, then set aside on paper towels.
8) Reheat the corn puree adding most of the charred corn (reserve a little for garnishing). Add most of the greens from the spring onion and the parmesan just before serving.
9) Put the corn puree onto a platter and top with the chicken pieces. Scatter over the chorizo, corn and remaining spring onions.