The Art of Entertaining is your guide to sipping and savouring the best of Cloudy Bay wines in the company of friends and family.
February 2022 - Lifestyle
Food stylist and designer Fiona Hugues advocates simplicity, especially during the summer months. With the heat comes the desire for lighter meals, and this grazing charcuterie platter is Fiona’s preferred way of eating outdoors as the sun goes down. Best served, she says, with a glass of chilled Sauvignon Blanc.
All the ingredients shown should be easy to find at your local supermarket except perhaps for the figs, which can be substituted for fresh grapes if you’re stuck. Fiona recommends adding a couple of peeled whole boiled eggs if your dining companion needs extra protein.
• Fresh figs, halved and topped with a little crumbled soft goats cheese, and a drizzle of balsamic glaze if you like
• Small mild cacciatore salami (check the service deli counter or your local butcher)
• Pancetta or cured Italian ham
• A small pot of French Pate or salmon mousse
• Small cornichons
• Pickles (anything will do - you can even make your own)
• A wedge of cheese–Brie or Camembert are easy classics
• A small dish of butter
• Sliced baguette or whichever crackers take your fancy
• Cloudy Bay Sauvignon Blanc, thoroughly chilled
Only one step needed! Assemble everything on a single platter large enough to hold it all. Make sure you add little knives, pate spoons and pickle forks and you’re good to go (once the wine is poured, of course).