Originally created by Eugenia Diaz, this savory seafood delicacy will transport your taste buds to the sun-kissed shores of the Mediterranean.
1 kg of fresh clams
3 garlic cloves
1 cayenne pepper
1 handful of cilantro or parsley
Extra virgin olive oil
1) Leave the clams in a bowl of water and salt for a minimum of 2 hours. Cleaning the water a couple of times, to remove all the sand.
2) Cut the garlic in thin slices.
3) Cover the bottom of a large pan with the olive oil, throw the garlic and cayenne pepper and let it heat very slowly for 10 minutes. Making sure the heat is low enough that the garlic does not go brown.
4) After rinsing the clams, throw them in the pan, and salt and cover with a lid and cook on a slow to medium heat for 5-10 minutes. Until all the clams have opened.
1) Add the cilantro or parsley right before serving.